Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Clinique Cheek Pop Review, Swatches and Photos

I'm in the process of getting ready for vacation which means deciding what makeup to bring with me. As I am a naturally inclined to over-pack, I make very stringent rules about how much makeup I can bring. My usual rule of thumb for blushes is to only bring two - a pink and a coral. While rifling through my stash I came across three blushes I recently acquired which I had not reviewed yet. All photos in natural light, swatches on NC 35 skin.




Clinique Cheek Pops (clockwise from left): Plum Pop, Berry Pop and Peach Pop

Clinique Cheek Pops ($24.00 CA, permanent) are "vibrant yet natural-looking cheek colour that looks virtually powderless." The pretty flower embossed blushes are housed in thick, sturdy lucite, but are small, compact and great for fitting into over stuffed makeup bags. There are four basic shades, of which I purchased three (I plan to get the fourth shade in the near future.) 


Clinique Cheek Pops: Berry Pop, Plum Pop and Peach Pop


Berry Pop - is a medium dark fuchsia which leans a little purple.

Plum Pop - is a medium dark cool pink.

Peach Pop - is a vibrant medium orange-toned coral.

All three blushes are definitely designed to add a "pop" of colour to the cheeks. The formula is silky smooth, highly pigmented and has a beautiful, naturally luminous satin finish. Buffing these blushes into the cheeks will help bring out the formulas glow. Wear time is excellent with these blushes getting a solid 8-10 hours without serious fading.

I think these are a great purchase as the price point, formula and pigmentation offer great value - a little of this product goes a long way! One thing I would like to see Clinique do is expand this range to include some lighter shades as the three blushes I reviewed are all fairly deep. I would love to see a lighter cotton candy pink and a pinker coral added to the mix.

Grade: A+

J




No comments:

Post a Comment