Wednesday, December 10, 2014

CND Vinylux Weekly Polish in Steel Gaze Review, Photos and Swatches


CND Vinylux is a Canadian brand of nail polish, from the creators of the shellac manicure. CND Vinylux is a weekly polish, that when used with the special CND Vinylux top coat is meant to last a week. The weekly polishes actually strengthen your nails, unlike regular nail polish which weakens and dries your nails. 

At IMATS Toronto this year, I picked up three colours of CND Vinylux. They were on sale for $6 each. Regularly they are about $10-$12 each. 


Steel Gaze is a sparkly silver-gold-bronze shade that looks different depending on the light. When I bought this I expected it to read more silver, since the name is Steel Gaze. But it actually read more gold.


This is a great shade if you like metallics because it's gold, it's silver and it's bronze AND it's sparkly. 



This would be a great colour for a holiday manicure. But it's also quite edgy and would work anytime of the year if you want something that's sophisticated and edgy.

It applies well - all the CDN Vinylux polishes I've tried do - and I used three coats. You could go with one or two to get a sheerer effect. This polish is meant to be a little on the sheer side. 

The CDN Vinylux polishes are meant to last a week without chipping. I found that, as with the other CDN Vinylux polishes I've tried, I noticed wear at the tips of my nails after five days. But it stayed shiny and my nails were strong and healthy when I removed it.

Grade A

C. 


No comments:

Post a Comment